As of writing, today is the 19th of January- the fourth day of nonstop rain and insanely cold weather. It would be a month to when i schedule to auto-publish this post. Currently, i am on a break and is incessantly praying. I probably forget it by now that this is already on my timeline. But anyway… recently, i had this idea of listing down 25 life-lessons i learned and remind myself of as i hit 25. Some of these may not be true on your part and some may appear to be a cliche yet here it goes:
- Ice cream solves a bad day.
- Health is wealth. Make ‘healthy’ a lifestyle.
- Airports are bittersweet.
- It is important to secure as much savings account as possible. You’ll never know when an emergency is coming.
- Invest more on travel and learning, rather than on material goods. The former will open your mind to truths and realities, while the latter will never satisfy.
- When feeling down and confused, jog it off or take a shower. And stay away from social media- you won’t find inner peace in that place.
- Believe in blocking, unfriending, and walking out. You owe yourself a certain level of comfort.
- There is always two sides of the story; listen to both before drawing conclusions.
- People always criticize. That’s okay. Take the constructive criticism and focus on what is proper and good.
- Nothing is as beautiful as pure and sincere intentions.
- Every consequence holds a lesson.
- Beginnings are the hardest, but just go through it.
- Never underestimate the power of prayer.
- The bible has it all. Surprisingly, life’s truths and even your principles have biblical roots. Check it out.
- Anger, worry, and self-pity are waste of time. Let go. Don’t nurture it.
- Refrain from trying to understand everything. Trust the process.
- Elders shape a child’s personality. Be careful how you treat children.
- Your image makes a great impact to society. Stay grounded; words spread like wildfire and are difficult to die down.
- Life is short to have misunderstandings with anyone. Patch things up.
- Past is past. Be present-centered. Only you can improve your Present.
- Express gratitude, say the magic words, share some of your time, and give flowers to an alive loved one; gravestones don’t have senses nor feelings.
- Maintain good relations with people who helped you in their own little ways even once in your life.
- Be humble. You didn’t get there by yourself, and there’s still so much you don’t know.
- The universe is vast. There is more than enough room for every thing to happen.
- Your mindset is your destiny. Think good, happy thoughts.
But we all know, that as long as we witness a brand new day, the learning never stops 🙂
*photo grabbed from tumblr